Summertime!

Summertime!

Aidan Courtney

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

I'm so excited because it is starting to get warm outside, which means more wagon rides, riding my bike, and going to the playground! I have been having so much fun playing outside with my friends...and of course with Mommy and Daddy! They take me to this new park that just opened up called Fowler Park! It is such a neat park and I have so much fun climbing and sliding on the playground!

Today Mommy and I did something different for me and FUN! We went to a plant nursery and I helped Mommy pick out some flowers. Then we went home and we planted them in some flower pots in front of my house! It was SO much fun and I was Mommy's main helper!

My 1st job was to help Mommy empty the old dirt from the flower pots that were sitting on the porch. While Mommy filled the pots with new dirt, I helped by bringing Mommy the flowers from the garage to our front porch! I carried 8 groups of flowers to her all by myself (one at a time of course!)! Then I helped Mommy take the flowers out of the crates and put them into the flower pot. I used a shovel to put more dirt on top and then came the fun part....WATERING THEM!

We got my watering can from the bathtub and Mommy showed me how to use a water hose and fill up my watering can. Then I brought it over to the flowers and poured the water on them! I thought that watering can was for rinsing soap from my hair in the bathtub! I had so much fun filling my can with water over and over again and watering the flowers. Sometimes when I would get over to the flower, there was no more water left in my watering can! I was not sure where the water was going. Good thing it was hot outside because I got VERY WET!

I hope Mommy and I can plant some more flowers around our house this weekend. Don't tell Mommy I said this, but our house sure could use some more flowers around it and I'm good at planting them! I was sure to let Mommy know when we were done that the watering can belongs back in my bathtub! We didn't put it back in there though because Mommy told me that my new chore each day is to water those flowers out front! I think I can handle that job...especially if it means I get to use that water hose!

Of course Mommy took LOTS of pictures....ENJOY!

First I pick up the water hose!

Then I fill up my watering can, very carefully!


Oh WOW, there's water in here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next I CAREFULLY bring the watering can over to the flowers.
Now pour the water on the flowers!


Hey Mom, I need to go get some more water from over there!
Watering flowers really makes me thirsty! This watering can has infinite uses!

Forget carefully carrying the water over to the flowers! I'm running!


HEY! How did I get so much water on my clothes???

1 comment: